Bridgewater State University prohibits business or trade solicitation on University property without prior written approval of the University. This includes the distribution of sales or business flyers on University property including motor vehicles parked on campus, the posting of sales or business notices upon University bulletin boards or elsewhere within University buildings or upon other structures owned by the University, direct sales of merchandise on University property, and book "buy-backs" on University property.
The Director of Administrative Support Services may grant or deny approval for any business, or individual to solicit on any property owned or operated by Bridgewater State University.
Except in unusual circumstances as decided upon by the Director of Administrative Support Services, any business, organization, or individual seeking approval for solicitation on University property must secure the sponsorship of a Bridgewater State University department or officially recognized organization. The sponsoring party must complete and submit the "Application for Solicitation" to the Director of Administrative Support Services at least 7 business days prior to the required date.
If approval is granted, a copy of the application will be sent to Conference and Events Services Office and Campus Police. All visitors granted approval to solicit on University property must check in with the University police upon arrival, at which time they will be provided with a visitor identification badge. The identification must be displayed at all times while the visitor is on the campus.
Anyone found soliciting on University property that has not secured the proper approvals of the Director of Administrative Support Services, or who is not displaying his or her identification badge, will be escorted from the campus by the University police.
Solicitation Application Procedures
1. Each department/organization wishing to sponsor an entity that will be on campus soliciting must complete an electronic copy of the "BSU Application to Solicit" http://www.bridgew.edu/AdminSupport/pdf/solicit.pdf.
2. The application must provide adequate detail on the following:
Purpose of solicitation.
Location requested; type of space required, square footage, what type of solicitation activities will be performed.
Date(s) of solicitation.
3. The application must be completed and forwarded with a copy of any literature to be distributed to the Administrative Support Services office for approval.
4. The sponsoring department/organization will be notified of approval or denial within 2 business days of receipt of application.
5. If approval is granted a copy of the application will be forwarded to the Campus Police Department and Conference and Events Services Office.
6. Conference and Events Services Office will work with sponsoring department to set-up event.
7. On the day of the event the solicitor MUST report to the Campus Police building to sign in and pick up a badge.
8. The sponsoring department/organization will be notified of the solicitors arrival by the Campus Police.
9. When the event is completed, all badges must be returned to the Campus Police.
Last Modified: September 21, 2010