Nominate someone today!
The Rainbow Pride Award recognizes a student and/or faculty/staff member who has shown significant commitment to GLBTA equity and inclusion benefiting the campus community.
The Rising Star Award recognizes a freshman or sophomore student who has demonstrated support, advocacy, and enthusiasm around GLBT issues, services or programs on the BSU campus.
Deadline to nominate is March 4, 2013.
The recipients of these honors will receive awards at the annual Rainbow Luncheon on Tuesday, April 2nd.
The purpose of these awards is to recognize outstanding
efforts to create an inclusive, respectful, and safe climate for members of the
gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) community at Bridgewater State
University. The award recipients demonstrate a sustained impact on the
campus community or shows great promise. Examples of such efforts may include:
- Advocating for GLBT individuals, groups, and issues within the BSU campus setting
- Promoting the professional advancement of GLBT faculty and staff members, and encouraging and
supporting the recognition of service contributions
- Creating projects that promote greater awareness of the GLBT issues, including actual and
potential oppression with in the University.
Please note the minimum eligibility requirements for nominee:
- All nominees will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the BSU Pride Coalition
- Award(s) will be presented at the GLBTA Pride Center's annual Rainbow Luncheon.
To nominate a student or employee for one of the two awards, click on the links below:
The GLBTA Pride Center Congratulates last year's recipients of the 2012 Rainbow Pride Award:
Dr. Dave Ostroth, Vice President of Student Affairs
Lou Johnson, Pride Center Ambassador, B.A. Art
Watch the video of the recipients receiving the Rainbow Pride Awards
Last Modified: February 6, 2013