Spot Recognition Program
Nomination period- April 2013
This program was designed for departments to recognize the merits of their staff
as well as for employees to recognize the merits of their peers.
- Lifesavers Award for those who have come to the rescue in work
- Rocky Road Award for great efforts or difficult accomplishments;
- Symphony Award for team accomplishments;
- Trail Mix Award for trail blazing achievements;
- Pretzel Award for staff able to get out of difficult situations;
- Pay Day Award for saving the university money.
Nominate someone for a Spot Award
- The selection committee consists of four Human Resource staff
- Only 2 recipients will be selected per award category.
- Recipients of the Spot Recognition Award will receive a hand
delivered surprise by a member of the HR staff and have his/her photo
taken and posted on the Award website. Awards will be delivered the
third week in May.
- To make a nomination, please email
Pickup in Human Resources or you may drop off a paper nomination to
the Office of Human Resources.
- In your email/letter be sure to
include the nominees name, department, and which award you are
nominating them for.
- Please write a brief narrative on why the nominee is deserving of
that particular award. Please give examples to support your nomination.
- Current BSU Classified and Administrative/Professional staff members
are eligible for nomination.
- Any staff member or faculty member can nominate an eligible employee
for a Spot Award.
- Part-time, Temporary employees and Faculty are not eligible.
- Nomination period is April 2013
2012 Spot Award Recipients
2011 Spot Award Recipients
2010 Spot Award Recipients
Spot Award Recipients
2008 Spot Award Recipients
Award Photo Gallery
For questions about any of the recognition programs, contact
Allison Pickup in the Office
of Human Resources at 508-531-6126.
Last Modified: June 18, 2012