New Diversity Programming Monies Available to BSU members!
Great news for celebrants of diversity, equity, and inclusion! The Vice
President of Student Affairs,
Jason Pina, has allocated funding to promote new diversity-related programs
Dr. Pina has charged me, Lee Forest, with leading a committee who will plan and
design the process for allocating those funds towards new diversity initiatives
focused on learning and development of undergraduate students. These program can
be engineered by BSU faculty, staff, or students.
This announcement is a call for volunteers to serve
on the new Diversity Fund Planning & Design Committee.
Goals of the Planning & Design Committee
- Create a name for the new diversity fund (something a little "snappier"
than "Diversity Fund")
- Determine a transparent and easily accessible process for BSU members to
obtain funding for their diversity-related projects
- Specify and weight the relative importance of the criteria that the
future Selection Committee will use to award the monies
- Propose a process and criteria used for selecting members who will serve on
the future Selection Committee
- Recommend BSU students, faculty, and staff who could serve on the future
- Deadline to complete the planning and design process is the end of Fall
Estimated Time Commitment
- Approximately 5 - 10 hours during the Fall 2012 semester
- Depending on the will of the group, we could communicate via email or other
online format, meet regularly in person, or a combination of both
Given that all BSU faculty, staff, and students are eligible to receive monies from this new fund, we
are looking for volunteers from all campus divisions and roles in order to get a
wide spectrum of perspectives and ideas for determining the process of awarding
the monies. Ideally, the committee will draw members from:
- The entire undergraduate student body
- Faculty from all disciplines
- Staff and Administrators (excluded, APA, AFSCME, etc)
Contact Lee Forest by Friday September 28th to indicate your interest in this
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 508.531.1408, or stop by the GLBTA Pride
Center (RCC 006).
Thank you in advance for your interest and I look forward to working with you!
Director, GLBTA Pride Center
Last Modified: September 14, 2012