Note: Community College students who matriculated prior to fall 2009 and who choose to continue in the Commonwealth Transfer Compact and/or Joint Admissions Program will be required to complete their associate degrees by August 2013 and must matriculate to Bridgewater State University by fall 2014.
If you graduate from your community college in a Joint Admissions Program and have earned at least a 2.5 GPA, you will be automatically admitted into one of Bridgewater State University ’s Joint Admissions Programs.
Students who graduate with a 3.0 GPA or higher are allowed to participate in the Tuition Advantage Program. The Tuition Advantage Program allows you a 33% reduction off in-state tuition at Bridgewater State College. This deduction will automatically appear on your tuition statement. NOTE: Failure to achieve a cumulative 3.0 GPA at the end of the first year of matriculation invalidates a student's eligibility to receive the tuition waiver for the second year.
- If you are in a joint admissions program and meet all of the conditions,
simply fill out a Joint Admissions Intent to Enroll form or a Bridgewater State University Joint Admissions Transfer application.
- Joint Admissions students do not have to write an essay, submit high school transcripts or SAT scores.
- Joint Admissions students do not have to pay the application fee. If you would like to take advantage of the application fee waiver, you must submit your application to the Office of Admission at Bridgewater State University in paper format.
- You may apply online at http://www.bridgew.edu/Admission/applybsc.cfm. Be sure to click on "Joint Admissions" on the drop-down menu.
- The priority application deadline is April 1st, for fall entrance and November 1st, for spring entrance. If you miss the deadline we will continue to accept applications on a space available basis.
Note: TAP eligibility is awarded based on application completion. If your final transcript is not received, your application will not be complete.
Last Modified: February 28, 2011