As a teaching facility, the Wallace L. Anderson gallery advances learning through lively and innovative approaches to art for the students of Bridgewater State University and communities beyond the campus.In pursuit of its mission, the gallery will:
- Maintain, conserve, exhibit, and acquire collections in accordance with the best museum practice.
- Participate actively in the academic life of the college and develop interdisciplinary programs for the study and interpretation of the visual arts.
- Create compelling educational opportunities for students of all ages.
- Serve as a laboratory for the production, exhibition, and critical discussion of works by living artists.
- Emphasize modern and contemporary art, American art, and the art of world cultures within the context of the museum’s collection, which encompasses the history of art.