Campus Services and Resources - Student Handbook - Bridgewater State University
Andrea M. Garr-Barnes, Director
Rondileau Campus Center, Room 101
Bridgewater State University's Center for Multicultural Affairs' (CMA) primary
mission is to promote inclusion and student success by providing programs
and services that assist and support underrepresented students and enrich
the academic, cultural, and social experience of all students.
To carry out this mission CMA does the following:
- Connects under-represented students with the academic, social, personal,
and other support services they need as they transition to Bridgewater and
the college setting.
- Offers programs, events, celebrations, discussions and workshops that promote
cultural awareness and appreciation of diversity that will prepare all students
to live in our global society and among diverse populations based on mutual
respect for similarities and differences.
- Serves as a resource for faculty, staff and community members who want to
understand, address and support the needs of students of color.
- Provides a supportive environment and a safe space on campus where students
from diverse backgrounds can come together to relax, share their experiences
and celebrate their diversity.
- Assists with the recruitment of diverse students through active participation
in College recruitment programs such as Saturdays at Bridgewater.
- Provides expertise and assistance to college initiatives focused on retention
of under-represented students.
- Supports the Office of Institutional Diversity’s efforts to implement
programs and practices that promote cultural pluralism.
Back to Handbook
Bridgewater State University Student Handbook 2012-2013. All Rights Reserved.
Last Modified: March 5, 2012