So You Want To Be SGA Recognized?
Here is a quick guide on how to sign on with SGA!
2. Check with the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership (OSIL) to make sure that you are recognized through that office. All clubs and organizations on campus have to OSIL recognized.
3. Contact the Parliamentarian of SGA (Brendan Concannon) with a copy of your constitution. If you do not have a copy the Parliamentarian can provide you with a copy of a template you can use.
4. Once your Constitution is submitted it will go before the Policy Board. This board helps facilitate new clubs as they become SGA recognized.
5. After the Board reviews the constitution, the Parliamentarian will contact you. Policy Board meets every other week, so if you don't get a response right away don't worry.
6. If your Constitution is approved by the Policy Board, it will go before the full Senate for approval the following Tuesday.
7. After your constitution is approved by the Senate, the Parliamentarian will contact you to let you know that you are fully SGA recognized; Congratulations!
8. Soon the President of SGA will assign a Club Liaison to your organization who will be your official contact person for SGA from then on.
How to Receive Funding from SGA
1. Make sure your club is OSIL and SGA Recognized.
2. Meet with your Student Program Advisor to submit your reservation request.
3. Once you receive your reservation you will meet with your CESO Coordinator to review your plans. You will need to have funding approved to confirm your plans.
4. Submit Funding Request to SGA via Blackboard at least 4 weeks before the event:
a. Enroll in the Blackboard Class VC 507-001
b. Go to SGA Forms
c. Go to SGA Financial Forms
d. Click on copy of Fundraising Request
e. Fill out and Save
f. Go to Digital Drop Box
g. Click on Submit File
6. The Treasurer will then notify you about the next Finance Board meeting at which it is suggested representation from the club be present in order to answer any questions the Finance Board may have about the funding.
7. If the funding request passes in Finance Board and the request is under $450.00, the funding is immediately received by the club.
8. If the funding request passes in Finance Board and the request is equal to or over $450.00, the request passes onto Senate where it will be voted on the following Tuesday. If the request passes then, the funds are received by the club.
Last Modified: June 7, 2012